5 in Cedar Rapids, 1 each in Iowa City, Coralville, Solon and Marion meet industry standards by at least 75%, according to federal records
Marion’s Willow Gardens Care Center is among 50 nursing homes in Iowa to meet or exceed the industry standard that at least three-quarters of staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, records show federal. (Google Street View image from 2019)
Only 50 of 409 long-term care facilities in Iowa report that three-quarters or more of their workers have been vaccinated against COVID-19, according to recently disclosed records.
That means 88 percent of Iowa’s facilities classified as nursing homes have yet to meet the industry-declared standard of having at least three-quarters of their workforce vaccinated against the virus.
Earlier this month, the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services began posting COVID-19 vaccination data from individual nursing homes on its COVID-19 Nursing Home Data website.
As of May 21, nursing homes across the country have been required by the agency to submit immunization data for staff and residents. When data from the only homes that have complied is taken into account and compared to data from all 50 states, Iowa has the 21st highest staff immunization rate, at 59%.
The states with the highest overall staff immunization rates are Hawaii, Vermont, Arkansas, and California, with rates ranging from 75 to 82 percent. The states with the lowest reported rates are Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, and Florida, with rates ranging from 41% to 43%.
Although Iowa state public health officials have said they have never collected data on staff immunization rates in private nursing homes, the federal government is now collecting this information. and communicates them to the public.
According to the latest federal data, only the same four states with the highest rates, as well as Puerto Rico, have met the industry goal of vaccinating 75 percent of their nursing home workforce. nurses.
The agency said it is now enforcing the vaccination declaration requirement and will impose fines on homes that fail to comply. According to the latest data from the federal agency, these are nursing homes in Iowa where the percentage of current healthcare workers who have received a full vaccination is 75% or more:
- ManorCare Health Services, Cedar Rapids: 100%
- Oaknoll Retirement Residence, Iowa City: 96.28%
- Shaded Oaks, Lake City: 88.1%
- Lutheran House of Salem, Elk Horn: 80%
- Azria Health, Clarinda: 76.27%
- On With Life, Ankeny: 78.47%
- Willow Gardens Health Center, Marion: 86.25%
- Genesis retirement home, Des Moines: 80.77%
- MercyOne-Oelwein Senior Care, Oelwein: 89.36%
- House of the Good Samaritan, Red Oak: 84.31%
- House of the Good Samaritan, Estherville: 78.67%
- Grandview Healthcare Center, Dayton: 81.48%
- Caring Acres Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Anita: 89.19%
- House of the Good Samaritan, Manson: 77.97%
- Chautauqua Guest Home # 3, Charles City: 80.22%
- Specialized care Ravenwood, Waterloo: 81.67%
- Living Center West, Cedar Rapids: 78.67%
- Sunrise Hill Health Center, Traer: 97.06%
- North Crest Life Center, Council Bluff: 88.24%
- Linn Haven Rehab & Healthcare, New Hampton: 83.33%
- Colonial Manor, Amana: 75.90%
- Dumont Wellness Center, Dumont: 76.60%
- Willow Dale Wellness Village, Battle Creek: 79.31%
- Manila Manila, Manila: 88.89%
- Elm Crest Retirement Community, Harlan: 75.41%
- Longview Home, Missouri Valley: 77.97%
- Simpson Memorial House, West Liberty: 82.22%
- Pearl Valley Rehabilitation & Nursing, Perry: 75.76%
- Accura Healthcare, Sioux City: 100%
- Stacyville Community Nursing Home, Stacyville: 77.08%
- Longhouse-Northshire, Spencer: 78.72%
- Westhaven Community, Boone: 85.48%
- Riceville Family Care and Therapy Center, Riceville: 80.56%
- Meth-wick Health Center, Cedar Rapids: 81.67%
- Wesley Park Center, Newton: 83.89%
- Windmill Manor, Coralville: 75.65%
- Solon Nursing Center, Solon: 93.02%
- West Ridge Health Center, Cedar Rapids: 100%
- Green Hills Health Center, Ames: 78.62%
- Maquoketa Health Center, Maquoketa: 84.85%
- Northbrook Manor Health Center, Cedar Rapids: 92.45%
- Clarence Retirement Home, Clarence: 75%
- Keystone Nursing Center, Keystone: 76.84%
- Newton Village Health Center, Newton: 86.89%
- Village of Northridge, Ames: 75.56%
- Rehabilitation center, Lisbon: 91.67%
- Buchanan County Health Center, Independence: 76.92%
- Story County Hospital Nevada: 80.58%
- Elderly Care MercyOne Dyersville, Dyersville: 79.81%
This article first appeared in the Iowa Capital Shipment.